July 26, 2010
How to promote your blog on LinkedIn?
There are multiple ways to do it. Here are 5 toptips that you can implement immediately:
1. Add your blog in your profile, under Websites. Most people have standard links to their website : My Website, My Company or My Blog. Change”Your Blog” into the actual title of your blog (or keywords). How? Choose ‘edit’ at websites, add a field ‘Other’. Here you can add a title and a URL.
2. Add Application. Here you can also insert your blog if you are blogging with WordPress or TypePad. Go to ‘More’ in the menu and click on ‘Application Directory’. Click the blog of your choice and install the application. From now on, your new blogs will appear automatically on your LinkedIn profile.
3. Update your status. When you write a new blog article, you can let your network know by updating your status. Add the link to your blog in the update. Of course, you can repeat this step everytime you are publishing an update on your blog.
4. Participate in Discussions in your favorite groups. Go to your groups and participate in the ongoing discussions. See where your blog has an answer to one of these discussions. Mention it while you answer them.
5. Answers. It is a great place to get more visibility and get more ‘expert’ status. Go to ‘More’ in the menu and click on ‘Answers’. Look for questions people are asking. Answer them by referring also to your blog. Or turn it around: write a blog article where you answer questions and put the link in the answers. It will create additional traffic to your blog as well!
Of course, these tips will only work if you have a blog 🙂 I am using WordPress and I recommend it to anyone.
Bert Verdonck is an extraordinary life coach and an inventive lifehacker. Bert is also one of the official Certified LinkedIn Trainers worldwide. Next to pragmatic trainings and personal coaching, he is an international keynote speaker to inspire and help professionals with their efficiency. As a published author and the founder of ‘Genius Shortcuts’ he already saved thousands of people at least 2 hours per day!
April 21, 2010
Most people already know that I am a Certified LinkedIn Trainer and with Networking Coach we are really helping a lot of people with getting more results by using LinkedIn.
So, I thought, it might be a good idea to start sharing some interesting tips on LinkedIn. Now, why would I do it all by myself if LinkedIn has their own clip on YouTube clip to show it to you 🙂
February 6, 2010
So many times I’ve talked about Slideshare during trainings and workshops, but it seems that still too few people have heard about it.
Slideshare is basically a website where you can upload and share all your Powerpoint presentations. Also pdf files and Word documents. Besides sharing your content and your message with the world you can also keep them private or share them with your innercircle only.
Why should you use it? Well, you can learn a lot from the newly updated presentations. On top of that, I sometimes use it for sharing my slides after a speech or event. People find it easy to go over them again or even download them.
By uploading your documents you will improve your visibility to a bigger audience. If people are researching your topic, they might find it on Slideshare. And did I mention it’s free?
Another benefit is your improved Google rankings. Thanks to Slideshare your presentations will be positioned high(er) in the search results. You only need to define your keywords well…Many people spend fortunes on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and with Slideshare you can profit from their rankings for free. They take your presentation to a new level on Google.
Oh, did I tell you about LinkedIn? You can integrate your presentations through Slideshare into your LinkedIn profile. Have a look at my LinkedIn profile to see an example. It improves your profile and you are sharing some added value to people who might be looking for you…
Next on my list is the possibility to create slidecasts. What’s that? It’s merging one of your presentations with a Podcast. So, you actually create a new document with integrated sound. Very nice to explain to people what they are seeing…
Finally, you can also follow others or be followed (like Twitter) on Slideshare. Very interesting if you want to be on top of things. Follow your favourite topics and people on Slideshare as well. Who knows, you might build a following yourself too!
And to really wrap it up, I am showing you how you can perfectly integrate your Slideshare presentation in your blog.
July 29, 2008
Are you also having a long todolist? Too many things at the same time? Or do you often come across an interesting book that’s been recommended by friends, but you forget to buy it? What was that title again of that fabulous book? Oops! Or are you just looking for a very simple todolist? And you want to share it (or not)?
Ta-da Lists is probably a great lifehack to solve all this…
Next to creating great lists in a simple way, Ta-da lists lets you share it with the world or with just a couple of friends or colleagues. Of course, you can easily update your list or create a new one for another topic.
How? Just visit Ta-da lists and create an account in 10 seconds. Name your first list. Add items to it. Want to share it? Just click on share. Decide if you want to invite friends and paste their email and custom message or just share it with the world. Hello World 🙂
Alright then, have a look at my book wishlist to see a real life example. If you ever want to buy me a book, look here to get ideas 🙂 And you can subscribe to RSS, just in case…
Enjoy every day,
PS : Thanks to Martijn Aslander for sharing this lifehack